Tokyo, I love you!

My last stop on my Asian adventure was Tokyo, it wasn't on my original plan but was added on as it was so much cheaper to fly home from here. Perhaps this was part of the reason why I loved it so much - because I didn't have any expectations. Or maybe just because it is a fantastic city.

My first stop was the Skytree which has one of the highest viewing points in the world. I didn't go up myself for various reasons but headed over to Asakusa instead.



In Asakusa there is one of the oldest temples in Japan - Sensoji Temple. Here I had my future predicted. Unfortunately I didn't have a good one but it was a fun experience. It was crazy busy but lots of beautiful traditional Japanese gowns around.




Next up was the Ueno park where I hoped to see some of the famous cherry blossom trees, but I was a week or two early to see the full effect of the blossoms.


One of the greatest areas to visit is Akihabara - the animee center of Tokyo.



We headed to a maid cafe which was one of the weirdest experiences. We had our pictures taken and were rewarded a members card as a thank you.



But Akihabara is not all about animee. We also visited the beautiful Kanda Myojin Shrine.



Then there was the Shibuya area where the busiest crossing in the world is and yes indeed, it was crazy.


It is also the place to go to for a drink or two. I only headed out once but it was fantastic and the sun was rising as we left the club so Tokyo is definitely one to give a go.

One of my absolute favourite things was all the fantastic food - from the sushi to the BBQs and everything between.


Tokyo is my new favourite city and I can't wait to go back to Japan to explore more of this beautiul country. 

Comments

Popular Posts