Too good at goodbyes


It is that time again, the time for the butterflies to start and the eyes to fill with tears – it’s the time to say goodbye to the summer that has gone, the people that you have met and that has become your family, your friends, your support and your survival. At the same time as you are hugging everyone goodbye after what has been you get reminded of the new adventure that waits and the flight tickets that start to come through on your emails with the most beautiful word “CONFIRMED” next to it.
This time the flights will take me to the continent of South America, spending the majority of the time on a pink caravan as my means of travel, together with 20 strangers that hopefully by the end of it all has turned in to friends.
First up is 9 days on the Galapagos islands where I will be kayaking, swimming with sea lions, dive with amazing marine life, hike up the Sierra Negra volcano and probably a few other bits and bobs. I will continue back to Quito where I will jump on the famous pink caravan and start the journey south through Ecuador down to Peru, where the highlight of perhaps the entire trip will be hiking the Inca trail to Machu Picchu. After which we will cross over to Bolivia where I will join in on cycling the death road and visit the salt lakes before we drive through the northern part of Argentina on our way to Paraguay and the Iguazú Falls. After a few days in Rio I will be on the last stretch of my journey and head down towards Argentina to finally end my epic journey in Buenos Aires, where I, on the day of love itself will end my 3 month South America adventure and return to the motherland. Looking at it all, as I am packing up my life here in Greece after the summer, it all feels a bit unreal, abstract and not at all like I am departing in 12 days! Let the countdown begin!





Comments

Popular Posts