The Greek economy as I see it

I suppose that living in Greece at this time in the Greek financial history I have to write something about what is going on, I have just been a bit unsure what to write, as no one really knows what exactly is happening and how this will impact the country. I have however, read a few interesting articles and quotes that I think summarises my opinion. I think that a no vote was good, because I agree with what the newly appointed finance minister said "we have resemebled drug addicts craving the next dose. What this government is all about is ending the addiction." (Chassany and Spiegel)

But the article I agree most with is without a doubt is by Alex Andreou who writes the truth about how myself and so many other people here in Greece actually experience the country at this time. There are no problems, we have medicine, money in the ATMs and plenty of food, not to mention the sunshine, the beaches and the amzing people of Greece that are perhaps some of the most genuine people I have met. So, please, come to Greece this summer, help out the people of Greece by enjoying the sun, the beaches and the amazing food it has to offer. The only adivise is to bring cash, don't rely on your card. That is not saying that there is no money in the ATMs and you can still pay by card in most supermarkets, travek agencies but only a few restaurants. But to be fair, even before the crisis many of restaurants didn't take cards, so I am not sure how much has actually changed. In my experience the people, food and country remains the same. It is just as sunny, just as magical! 

Comments

Popular Posts