Food Heaven

One of my favourite things about Greece is the food. Actually, food in general is one of my favourite things. I haven’t been to single restaurant here in Parga or in Lefkas which I haven’t liked. But what I will say is that some simply stand out more than others, for me; that will be here for 6 months it is about taking the traditional Greek cuisine and giving it unique flavours that differentiate them from the rest of the restaurants. One of my favourites is Souli Taverna, this where I get my seafood fix, with the best seafood pasta I have ever had.

Seafood pasta at Souli Taverna: https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/11159531_919771098075378_704278824891185130_n.jpg?oh=0abe6347d898ea26302e66860bf66723&oe=566D0594

But also Sodia, which is a must for anyone new to Greek food as they have the best meze offerings, small plates of appetizers, similar to tapas. I have yet to try a dish there that I haven’t liked, everything is simply cooked to perfection.


But if you want something with a little bit of a twist, I really liked the Olive Tree at Adams Hotel, on the outskirts of Parga, they have a traditional Greek menu but a few different flavours that makes it interesting and different from most other restaurants. But without a doubt, the biggest difference can be seen in Club Med. Over there they serve tzatsiki without garlic, the kiss friendly kind, and an amazing angel hair salad with sorbet and strawberries, beef carpaccio and all with a lovely view over the Valtos area. That is just some of the few restaurants that I personally enjoy and would recommend to anyone visiting here. 

View from Club Med, source: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wM5YK9NQprI/VbDCca3PO7I/AAAAAAAAAGQ/Q2CRrXLFJxU/w426-h284/ALG_2121.jpg 

But if your heart is set in the traditional Greek Menu then I would recommend anyone of the many restaurants on the harbour front as they are all amazing.
 

Comments

Popular Posts