Facing our fears

For those of you that have been following us closely might remember our first monkey encounter. Today we decided to face our fears and visit the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary in Ubud.




The park was a lot smaller than we thought and they had monkey feeding stations where you could buy bananas and feed the monkeys. Therese almost did it but just before we saw a big monkey jump up on a girl and sat on her head so very wisely she backed down. Instead these look a like pictures will have to do:




I spent the entire time watching over my shoulder, carefully trying to remember the instructions that we were given before entering:
- do not run
- do not scream
- do not hide any food
- if they jump on you, stay calm
- do not make eye contact




At one point a monkey burped in my face, I got so scared I jumped backwards and all colour disappeared from my face as I hurried along, trying to get back to a ranger.



Look at those teeth (if you are not too distracted...)
We spent the afternoon walking around Ubud which is a really nice town, completely different from all the other beach towns we've been to. It feels like one big temple city with the most amazing buildings.






Comments

Popular Posts