The end of an adventure

So one broken heart is going back to Norway whilst another one is continuing this adventure on her own. Yesterday was the worst day of this trip because I had to say goodbye to Therese. I hate goodbyes, who doesn't right? As we hugged goodbye she whispered thank you etc etc whilst I was just mumbling back some rubbish trying not to cry as the taxi driver was standing there waiting for me to get in.

Therese asked me to write a blog entry with 10 things I will miss about her but let's be honest, how could I ever narrow it down to just 10? I've loved travelling with her and sharing all the memories. We've "only" been away for 42 days but we have done so much. Here is a summary, we have:
- explored Singapore on foot
- been attacked by monkeys
- visited Singapore Zoo
- gone river trekking and cliff jumping in the jungle
- learned how to surf
- gone on a sailing trip
- seen the Komodo Dragons
- gone swimming with Manta rays
- island hopped the Gilis
- eaten rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- seen a traditional Balinese dance performance
- travelled on top of buses, inside of buses and ferries
- slept on:
Buses
Bus stations
Airport floor
In Hooker Hotel and Kidnap Central
- become badasses
- laughed but only cried once (yesterday)


I'm really happy I got to share this part of the adventure with you!

But she is not leaving me completely. We've decided to create a challenge called "are you with me?". Basically if I post a picture of myself whilst diving, tag her and say "are you with me?" she has to take an underwater picture, say from her bathtub, and say "I am with you" and vice versa. Only our imagination can stop us seeing that she will be in snowy Norway and I in sunny Southeast Asia. Of course we'll keep you updated on how the challenge proceeds. 

Comments

Popular Posts