Custom made love

Hoi-An is the place where everyone falls in love. You simply can't help it! In terms of things to do there isn't a vast majority of activities to choose from but who needs activities when the streets look like this:



The Japanese Bridge



But there are a few things that you will do, first of all shopping. There are tailor shops on every street, all whom will offer to measure you up and make the most amazing suits, gowns, shirts or shoes. I very much fell in the custom made trap as well. After having spent 4 hours walking around the streets of Hoi-An and in that time managed to order 2 skirts (US$40), 2 dresses (US$45) and 2 pair of shoes (US$60) for a total of US$145 (1200 SEK /E120) I felt the need to hide in my hostel for some time. Until night time and I ventured out to see the pretty town of Hoi-An change and become even prettier!





The following days I spent walking around between my fitting appointments and stopping for food in between at the wonderful food markets.


In terms of finding a good tailor I am not 100% sure what the best route is. What I did was to look up 1 shop online with the intention to only buy those first 2 skirts and then simply going by the feeling I had in the other shops. 1) did they stay calm and not try to force sell me anything, 2) did I like the sample products on display but 3) most importantly, could they give me a good price that wouldn't blow my budget. That's how I did the shopping streets of Hoi-An and I was very happy with all my garments! So when in Hoi-An do what we all seem to have done, fall in love with their custom made tailor shops, amazing food and beautiful old quarters. 

Comments

Popular Posts