Sun Moon Lake

After arriving back in Taipei, I set off again the very next morning. This time I took a bus 4 hours down the west coast to Sun Moon Lake. It is a very touristy place and the prices in everything from accommodation to food showed it.

There are a lot of different activities to take part in, visting the aboriginal village (too expensive and very touristy so skipped it), take the cable car up the surronding mountain (I skipped it as it was cloudy on the day I arrived) and of course taking a boat cruise or taking part in water activities on the lake. My activity though was cycling the 27km route around the lake.


I took me about 2.5 hours and it was definitely challening at times. Very steap hills both up and down the mountains.

I stopped at some beautiful temples that were surronding the lake which served for a very good water and rest break.



It really is a beautiful place but in my personal opinion a little bit too turistic. Would i go there again? Probably not. Am I glad I went? Yes.

Comments

Popular Posts