Ninh Binh National Park

Ninh Binh was one of my least favourite places in Vietnam though I think that it says more about Vietnam then Ninh Binh. I arrived at 5am and after two hours sleep I thought that I would be a brilliant idea to pay US $30 (250 SEK/ €25) for a trip to the National Park.

Our first stop was at the primate conservatory where they rehabilitate monkeys before putting back in the wild. It's a government funded project with 25 people working there. It's a great project but I wouldn't say it's a major tourist attraction but simply a nice place to visit and show your support for if in the area.


We then set off on a 6km hike to see the main attraction in this area: the 1000 year old tree. Or as our guide pointed out maybe more, no one really knows! As you probably can imagine it was a fairly anti-climactic moment even though the hike there and back was beautiful. Though it was more like a run then a hike.



Our last stop on this very over-priced excursion was a prehistoric cave which is over 7500 years old and first discovered back in 1966.


The next day, before getting on a bus to Hanoi, I decided to join up with two Dutch girls and go on one of the famous boat trips along the river.


We paid 195 000 Dong (75 SEK/€7) each for a little old lady to row is along the river.



It was really beautiful but very cold so we were happy we went for the 1.5 hour trip and not the longer one.



I suppose that the weather played a major impact on my stay and I think that if I were to go back I would try and venture to one of the smaller villages and get a more rural experience rather then the one I had in the Tam Coc village. 

Comments

Popular Posts