My favourite places in the Philippines and my one regret

After almost a month here in the Philippines it is now time for me to move on to my next adventure. But before I do I wanted to share with you my favourite places and the one place I wish I had gone to but didn't.

Bohol - without a doubt my favourite place that I have visited whilst here. I almost didn't go because of everyone I met on the road. But I am so happy I did. It simply has it all, amazing diving from Alona Beach and fantastic hostels in the jungle with lots to do, like visiting the tarziers. Everything from hiring a moped and driving around the island to mountain bike, paddle board and trekking tours. It is not a party destination even though you could probably have a decent night out in Alona Beach.


Malapascua - this place is thresher shark heaven. Though the corals here are ruined from all the dynamite fishing this is where you have to go to see the big stuff!


Not to mention the stunning Kalanggaman Island just 90 minutes sailing away from Malapascua.

Apo Island - the diving here was really good. I was based in Dumaguete and in hindsight I wish I would have spent a few days staying at Apo Island instead. Simply because Dumaguete as a town wasn't that great but the island was beautiful.

Boracay - no, not because of its famous party scene but because of its beautiful beaches and wonderful people. There is so much to do, especially in the water activities department but it is also a nice place to just be and enjoy life.

My biggest regret from my month here is that I didn't go to Palawan. People that I have met along the way has said that Palawan was the highlight of their trip. I could have made it if we didn't mess up when we first arrived and stayed in dodgy hotels god knows where for two nights. If I would have skipped Moalboal which was only ok. If I hadn't added an extra night in Boracay, Bohol and Malapascua. If only, hindsight is a beautiful thing which probably would have ended up blowing my budget. But if I was to do the trip again that's what I would have done different. But I have loved it here and as much as the above places have been some of my favourites, everyone will always experience them differently because when it comes to travelling and many other things in life, it is not just the destination itself but the people you meet there that makes it a place to remember.

Comments

Popular Posts