My Kuala Lumpur

So I'm a few days behind on here. But today I wanted to share my Kuala Lumpur experience with you all. I arrived from Brunei super happy that my ears didn't explode during the pressure from getting up and down in the air. It was really easy to navigate myself to my hostel which happened to right in the middle of Chinatown. It was cheap and basic and the dorm room I was in had no windows and was more like a corridor to enter the other dorm rooms then anything else but it did the job for 15 MYR per night (30 SEK/€3).
During my first proper day I had a slow start after having breakfast on the rooftop. I decided to go for a walk. I estimated that it came to 10-12km. But my first stop was just around the corner to the Sri Mahamariamman Temple, which is the oldest Hindu shrine in Malaysia. Best of all - it was free to enter!







I walked past the KL Tower, past little streets with graffiti works with the aim for the Petronas Twin Towers. I stopped for lunch in the shopping mall next door and even managed to spot santa!






I spent the evening walking around Chinatown as it was right there on my doorstep. The next morning I was off to Batu Caves. Which was only a half an hour train ride away. I only visited the temple cave which is basically a temple inside a cave 279 steps up a mountain. Oh and of course the staircase was covered with monkeys ready to grasp any food like item you had. I didn't go in to the other caves for two reasons 1 - I wasn't too impressed with the temple cave and 2 - I was therefore not interested in paying money for it. In all honesty, I thought it was a bit underwhelming.






All in all I liked Kuala Lumpur but 2-3 days there will be more than enough, especially if unlike me you are not taking things slow as you were still recovering from being unwell.

Comments

Popular Posts